Apples are a staple of fall baking. Adding caramelized apples to this cheesecake makes it a must-try dessert. Substitute any other firm apple of your choice. Light cream cheese has 25% less fat than regular.
3 Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp sugar
3 packages light cream cheese
1 ¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp flour
½ cup light sour cream
- Peel, core and slice applies into 1/8” thickness. Add to a large skillet and sauté on medium heat, just until apples are fork tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9” springform pan with vegetable oil.
- Crust: In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats, oil, water and sugar until crumbly. Add extra if necessary. Pat into bottom of springform pan.
- Spread half of the sautéed apples on top of the crust. Cover remaining sautéed apples and refrigerate.
- In bowl of large food processor, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, flour and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour over top of apples in pan. Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until centre of cheese cake is just slightly loose.
- Refrigerate until chilled, approximately 3-4 hours. Garnish with remaining sautéed apples and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chilling Time: 3-4 hours
Nutritional Information per Serving
Calories 340 * Fat 14g * Saturated Fat 7g * Cholesterol 85mg * Sodium 350mg * Carbohydrate 48g * Fibre 2g * Protein 9g